Alan P. Fox
Chair, Renewable Energy Department | Co-Chair, Real Estate and Land Use Department
Mr. Fox focuses practice on banking, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, workouts, commercial and transportation litigation, commercial transactions, business/corporate law, commercial and residential real estate, zoning and land use law.
Mr. Fox has developed his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial transactions, bankruptcy, business law, real estate, renewable energy law, zoning and land use law. Recently, his practice has expanded into transactions related to and obtaining zoning approvals for 20 mega-watt photovoltaic solar powered electricity production systems in southern New Jersey, as well as smaller systems for owner/occupied use in the industrial and manufacturing sector. He has 25 years of experience presenting land use applications before zoning and planning boards, as well as 8 years as the solicitor for the Riverside Township Planning and Zoning Board. He has litigated zoning matters at the trial and appellate levels. His commercial real estate practice covers shopping centers, restaurants, retail, office buildings, warehouses and residential developments, as well as solar farms.
He is representing a national Class I railroad with the first eminent domain matter in New Jersey in over 40 years.
His practice also concentrates on protecting creditors’ rights. Mr. Fox’s commercial litigation experience covers a wide variety of industries, including banking, landscape, manufacturing, computer hardware/software, construction, automotive retail, real estate development, and wholesale floral. He represents both secured and unsecured creditors in a variety of commercial lending litigation, including, collection under notes and loan agreements, security agreements and financial statements, mortgage foreclosure, replevin or assignments of rents. His representation of creditors in the bankruptcy forum includes negotiating cash collateral agreements, stay relief motions, defending preference actions, non-dischargeability issues, rejection/assumption of executor contract or lease issues.
- “Y2K Federal Statutory Update”, November, 1999
- “US Supreme Court Rules on Expert Reports”, October, 1999
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s “Top Attorneys” as published by SJ Magazine
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s “Awesome Attorneys” as published by South Jersey Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Camden County Bar Association, Member, Debtor/Creditor Section
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member, Debtor/Creditor and Banking/Finance Sections
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Riverside Township Planning Board, Solicitor, 1996 – 2005
- “Title Law: A to Z,” National Business Institute, September 2017.
- “A Rail Road’s Right and Obligation to Hold Loaded LPG Rail Cars As Part of the Transportation Process Is Preempted By Federal Law,” New Jersey TransAction Conference, April 2017.
- “Zoning Aspects for Solar Energy Products” and “Grow NJ Assistant Program,” National Business Institute, November 2016
- “When the Tenant or Landlord Files for Bankruptcy Protection,” Sterling Education Services, Inc., April 2014
- “Landlord-Tenant Law – Commercial & Residential.” Sterling Education Services, Inc., January 2013
- “Land Use Law; Current Issues in Subdivision, Solar Energy Projects and Zoning,” National Business Institute, November 2012
- “Landlord-Tenant Law: When Tenant or Landlord Files for Bankruptcy,” Sterling Educational Services, Inc., January 2012
- “Solar Energy and Land Use,” National Business Institute, November 2011
- “When Tenant or Landlord Files for Bankruptcy,” part of Landlord-Tenant Law Update seminar, Sterling Education Services, Inc., August 2010
- “Basic Business Contracts and Agreements,” NJ Small Business Development Center – Rutgers School of Business Camden, April 2009
- “Mold Control: How to Identify, Prevent, Remediate,” and “Defend Against Mold Problems,” Surety Title Corporation, June 2005
- “Mold Control: How to Identify, Prevent, Remediate,” and “Defend Against Mold Problems,” New Jersey Shore Builders Association, Inc., March 2005
- “Mold Control: How to Identify, Prevent, Remediate,” and “Defend Against Mold Problems,” Builders League of South Jersey, January 2005
- “Mold Control: How to Identify, Prevent, Remediate” and “Defend Against Mold Problems,” Burlington County College, March 2004
- “Mold Control: How to Identify, Prevent, Remediate,” and “Defend Against Mold Problems,” Builders League of South Jersey, December 2003
- “Mold Control: How to Identify, Cost Effectively Remediate & Prevent Mold Problems,” co-sponsored with client, TTI Environmental, Inc., March 2003
- “Make Sense Out of the Revisions to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code: What They Mean to Your Bottom Line,” Capehart & Scatchard, P.A., October 2001
- “Commercial Lending Requirements and Loan Documentation in New Jersey,” Lorman Education Services, August 2001
- “Land Use Law; Current Issues in Subdivision, Solar Energy Projects and Zoning,” National Business Institute, 2012
- “Landlord-Tenant Law – Commercial & Residential,” Sterling Education Services, Inc., 2013