Carmen Saginario Jr.
Chair, Labor and Employment Department
Mr. Saginario focuses his practice on governmental, regulatory and administrative matters. Mr. Saginario represents governmental and other entities and individuals with respect to laws governing public entities, as well as educational, procurement, environmental, transportation, and public safety issues. Mr. Saginario also regularly represents public and private sector clients in administrative and complex civil litigation matters also supervises Capehart Scatchard’s Corporate Compliance Group which counsels and assists public and private sector entities on establishing and implementing legal and ethics compliance programs.
Other significant experience: Served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of New Jersey and Assistant Counsel to Governor Thomas H. Kean.
- Represented and served as chief trial counsel for multi-national engineering firm against governmental entity seeking reimbursement for project development costs; successfully negotiated $2.5 million settlement several days after trial.
- Represent financial institution defending class accident suit.
- Represent solid waste collection/hauling/processing entities in defense of administrative action seeking injunctive and substantial monetary relief.
- Serve as counsel to international franchisor on regulatory and legal compliance issues.
- Represent governmental entities on regulatory issues (financing, planning, disposal) involving solid waste.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified by the National Football League Players Association as a Contract Advisor
Honors and Awards
- Named a Super Lawyer as voted by his peers and facilitated by Law & Politics and New Jersey Monthly
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s “Top Attorneys” as published by SJ Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member
- Cinnaminson Education Foundation, President, Board of Trustees
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, Former Board Member
- President, Board of Trustees of the Cinnaminson Education Foundation
- Unlawful Harassment: Preventing and Addressing Harassment in the Workplace, in-house presentation to client, Foulke Managment