Carmen Saginario Jr.
Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Department
Mr. Saginario focuses his practice on employment litigation and counseling. He regularly counsels clients on litigation avoidance, personnel policies and procedures including those associated with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, employment discipline, layoffs and other terminations. Mr. Saginario directs and participates in internal investigations involving claims of harassment, policy violations, ethics and other employment issues. He also appears on behalf of private and public sector clients before the judiciary as well as State and Federal administrative agencies (EEOC, N.J. Division on Civil Rights, etc.). Mr. Saginario is also experienced in representing clients before arbitrators and mediators. He has negotiated numerous public collective negotiations agreements (e.g., law enforcement, public works, etc.).
Mr. Saginario also regularly represents clients in administrative and complex civil litigation matters and also supervises Capehart Scatchard’s Corporate Compliance Group which counsels and assists public and private sector entities on establishing and implementing legal and ethics compliance programs.
Mr. Saginario serves as counsel for governmental and other entities (including counties, municipalities, school boards, and fire districts) and individuals with respect to laws governing public entities, as well as educational, procurement, environmental, transportation, and public safety issues.
National Football League Players Association
Mr. Saginario has been certified by the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) as a Contract Advisor (player agent).
Other Significant Experience
Mr. Saginario served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of New Jersey and Assistant Counsel to Governor Thomas H. Kean, and currently serves as Vice Chair and Director of Administration for the Cinnaminson Sewerage Authority.
Honors and Awards
- Named a Super Lawyer as voted by his peers and facilitated by Law & Politics and New Jersey Monthly
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s “Top Attorneys” as published by SJ Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member
- Cinnaminson Education Foundation, President, Board of Trustees
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Health Care Facilities Financing Authority, Former Board Member
- President, Board of Trustees of the Cinnaminson Education Foundation
- “Panel Discussion: Breaking Bad: How Workers’ Comp Cases Become FMLA and ADA Nightmares,” Millennium Seminars, LLC, July 2017
- “Panel Discussion: Terminating Workers On Workers’ Comp While Avoiding A Civil Suit,” Millennium Seminars, LLC, April 2017
- “HResource” a blog published by the attorneys in Capehart Scatchard’s labor and employment group featuring useful tips for employers and human resources professionals as to how to keep the workplace, and workplace policies, in compliance with state and federal employment laws, contributing author, 2016