Gina M. Zippilli
Gina is a shareholder in Capehart’s Litigation Group and is the Editor of the firm’s quarterly litigation newsletter, “Legally Speaking.” In addition to being the firm’s PIP expert, Ms. Zippilli focuses her practice in civil litigation matters involving tort defense; products, premises and professional liability, as well as employment and estate litigation. Her client base is mainly devoted to national corporations as well as liability and property insurance carriers. She has extensive experience in the area of legal malpractice having specialized in that field for several years as well as complex commercial litigation. For her business clients, Ms. Zippilli prepares corporate and transactional documents and assists those clients in creating and obtaining trademarks.
Gina is admitted in the State of New Jersey; the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; the United States District Court the District of New Jersey; the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
She attended Rutgers School of Law in Camden, New Jersey, where she was the Case Law Editor of the Rutgers Law Review. She earned her undergraduate degree in Psychology at Rutgers University in Camden, NJ where she selected to join “Psi Chi,” the National Honors Society in Psychology. Afterwards, she was selected as the Law Clerk to the Honorable Sylvia B. Pressler, Presiding Judge of Administration New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, from 2002-2003.
Gina was recently selected as a recipient of the New Jersey Law Journal’s 2015 New Leaders of the Bar award. The New Jersey Law Journal presents the prestigious New Leaders of the Bar award on an annual basis to a select group of New Jersey attorneys under the age of 40. Criteria for the selection of these rising stars include demonstrated leadership qualities, expertise in litigation, charitable volunteer work and other factors that exemplify the ways that these attorneys stand out among their peers. A seven-judge panel reviews all nominations from the State and narrows their list down to reflect only those attorneys that exhibited the qualities and experience that make each of them a 2015 New Leader. In 2014 and 2015, SJ Magazine recognized Gina as one of “South Jersey’s Top Attorneys.”
Gina is a Certified Chaplin for Disaster Relief Counseling and received her training through Billy Graham Ministries. In her earlier years, she was employed through the Moorestown, New Jersey public school system as a behavior counselor teaching behavioral techniques to children with autism.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as one of the New Leaders of the Bar in 2015, by New Jersey Law Journal
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
- National Association of Professional Women
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Association
- Certified Chaplain (Disaster Relief Counselor) certified through Billy Graham Ministries
- Behavior Counselor for Children with Autism
- “Liability Update,” Penn National Insurance Company, November 2016
- “New Jersey Case Law Update,” Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc., October, 2016
- Editor of the Firm’s Litigation Newsletter (Legally Speaking), Provides quarterly analyses and updates of the newest and hottest litigation issues today, 2013-Present
- The New Jersey Supreme Court Awakens the Construction Industry, a legal analysis of the Town of Kearny v. Louis F. Brandt and its impact on design professionals, 2013
- “New Jersey Construction & Design Law.” A State-by-state Guide to Construction & Design Law: Current Statutes and Practices, American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law, 2009
- What Exactly is a Trademark, legal newsletter explaining the reasons business owners, small and large, should invest in trademarking their businesses’ logos and the financial value it adds, 2008