Joseph R. Zakhary
Mr. Zakhary concentrates his practice in premises liability personal injury and construction litigation, and represents clients throughout New Jersey and New York. He has also represented both national and international corporations in commercial litigation matters including contract and employment disputes. As part of his premises liability practice, Joe has successfully defended property owners, tenants, property managers, maintenance companies, and snow removal contractors.
As part of his construction litigation practice, Mr. Zakhary has successfully defended property owners, general contractors, and subcontractors. He is fully conversant with the complex legal issues which arise in the context of construction and NY Labor Law cases, including the scope of additional insured coverage, third-party practice, and cross-claims for contractual indemnification and breach of agreement to procure insurance. Mr. Zakhary is also familiar with construction management issues, such as project delivery methods, the competitive bidding process, contract types and scope of contract documents, and risk management and mitigation.
Mr. Zakhary has drafted briefs for the Appellate Divisions of the Superior Court of New Jersey and the Supreme Court of New York, and has presented argument before the New Jersey Appellate Division.
Honors and Awards
- Named a “New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star” as voted by his peers and facilitated by Law & Politics and New Jersey Monthly
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section
- New Jersey Defense Association, Construction Law Committee
- Defense Research Institute, Construction Law Committee
- Greater Monmouth Chamber of Commerce