Kali A. Hira
Ms. Hira focuses her practice in general and commercial litigation throughout the federal and state courts of New York and New Jersey with a concentration on self-insured defense matters. She has successfully represented corporations in all aspects of litigation in cases involving construction liability, premises liability and personal injury. Ms. Hira has represented both national and global corporations in commercial litigation matters including contract negotiations, alternative dispute resolutions and employment disputes.
- Representation of global corporations and developers in commercial litigation, product, complex construction and premises liability claims in federal and state court from inception through trial.
- Representation of commercial property owners and tenants self-insured up to $2M involving personal injury matters and securing full indemnity and defense pursuant to contractual rights of clients.
- Defense of national hotel franchisee in security claims advanced by law enforcement personnel.
- Representation of amusement park in complex personal injury matter avoiding class designation in alleged class action claim.
- Defense of construction companies against complex construction defect and fraudulent misrepresentation claims alleging millions of dollars in damages.
- Defense of corporations and executives in civil matters related to federal criminal and civil investigations and charges.
- Representation of global corporations in subpoena and discovery compliance pursuant to federal and state laws.
- Development of litigation avoidance initiatives for technology, commercial property and professional practice clients.
- Representation of beauty product corporation in obtaining injunctive relief enforcing non-competition agreement and securing trade secrets.
- Increased Liability Exposure to Commercial Tenants Despite Contractual Protections from Landlord, Capehart Scatchard Legally Speaking, 2014
- Affidavit of Merit is Key to Defense of Legal Malpractice Claim, Capehart Scatchard Practice Tip, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- California State Bar Association, Member