Kurt E. Kramer
Mr. Kramer focuses his practice in the representation of clients in business disputes arising from breaches of contract, complex financial transactions, real estate acquisition and ownership disputes. Practice includes the defense of commercial entities in matters involving insured claims including commercial torts, class actions, product liability, employment claims, construction defect claims and general liability. Representation of the security (electronic alarm and guard) industry on a local, regional, and national basis in both tort and commercial litigation matters. Outside general counsel for a manufacturing company in the entertainment industry.
Mr. Kramer has tried cases to verdict in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
- Successful two month long trial to verdict of multi-million dollar action involving a technology licensing agreement with claims of breach of contract, Lanham Act violations, commercial defamation and fraudulent inducement.
- Successful defense of negligent security case where claim of plaintiff involved a sexual assault.
- Summary judgment denying class certification in class action arising from purported fraud in the sale of prepaid funeral plans.
- Representation of security alarm financing company for fraud and breach of contract resulting in affirmative 7.3 million dollar verdict for client.
- Defense of FMLA claims against employer that settled while summary judgment motion was pending for less than anticipated ongoing cost of defense.
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Trial Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Awesome Attorneys as published by South Jersey Magazine
- Recognized as a Best Attorney in Business as published by South Jersey Biz
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ASIS International, Member, Board Member and Former Treasurer, Southern New Jersey Chapter
- ASIS International, Member, Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Camden County Bar Association, Member of the Civil Practice Committee
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member Labor and Employment Law Committee, and State Civil Rules Committee
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, Former Secretary of the State Civil Committee