Laurel B. Peltzman
Laurel B. Peltzman is a member of Capehart Scatchard’s Labor & Employment Group. Ms. Peltzman focuses her practice in the representation of public and private sector employers in the areas of labor and employment matters. Ms. Peltzman regularly represents public and private sector clients in labor and employment litigation and provides employers with advice regarding various employment-related matters. Ms. Peltzman also provides training seminars for employers and their employees on many different topics, including appropriate behavior in the workplace. Ms. Peltzman is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Honors and Awards
- Named a “2016 New Leader of the Bar” by the New Jersey Law Journal.
- Named a “New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star” as voted by her peers and facilitated by Law & Politics and New Jersey Monthly
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member
- Camden County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- “Key Issues in Employment Law for HR Professionals,” co-presented with MPierson Consulting, LLC and Pain Medicine Physicians, May 2017
- “Employment Litigation Claims and Defenses,” South Jersey Claims Association, 2017
- The Role of Handbooks Policies and Training, Sterling Education Services, 2016
- ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation, Sterling Education Services, Wilmington, DE, 2016
- “Hot Topics in Employment Law,” a monthly breakfast seminar series for clients and friends, March-May 2016
- Anti-Harassment Training, in-house seminar to client, Delran Fire District, 2014
- Hiring and Terminating Employees in the Current Economy, Sterling Education Services, 2014
- Anti-Harassment Training and Conflict Resolution, Communication and Negotiation in the Workplace, in-house seminar to client, Foulke Car Dealership
- Anti-Harassment Training, in-house seminar to client, Evesham MUA, 2014
- Fair Labor Standards in New Jersey, Lorman Education Services, 2013
- Anti-Harassment Training and Conflict Resolution, Communication and Negotiation in the Workplace, In-house seminar to client, Foulke Car Dealership, 2013
- “HResource Blog” a blog published by the attorneys in Capehart Scatchard’s labor and employment group featuring useful tips for employers and human resources professionals as to how to keep the workplace, and workplace policies, in compliance with state and federal employment laws, contributing author, 2016.
- “Medical Marijuana is Legal … Now What?”, Tri-State Human Resource Management Association, December, 2010