Thomas A. Clark III
Co-Chair, Business & Banking Litigation Practice
Mr. Clark concentrates his practices in the areas of business and commercial transactions, commercial real estate, land use, land development, banking and financing and environmental matters, as well as professional malpractice. Half of Mr. Clark’s practice is devoted to real estate and business litigation, and half of his practice is devoted to commercial litigation. He also has many years of experience in the area of commercial litigation, with an emphasis in creditors’ rights, uniform commercial code and business ownership matters. He has successfully tried to conclusion numerous cases involving creditors’ rights and various commercial disputes in all of the state trial courts in the firm’s practice area, as well as in the United States District Courts in New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is general counsel to numerous small businesses.
- In May, 2014, Mr. Clark successfully concluded the purchase of a well-established distribution and retail company located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania.
- In December, 2013, Mr. Clark successfully concluded negotiations involving the construction and long-term lease of over 400,000 square feet of industrial space.
- In August, 2013, Mr. Clark concluded successful negotiations that resulted in the sale of a 50,000 square foot out-patient medical facility, after having negotiated the purchase of the property, and a long-term lease and “build-to-suit” renovations to the property.
- Collection Practice in New Jersey, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
- 1st Colonial Community Bank and 1st Colonial Bancorp, Founding Director
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Past Chairman and Member, Special Civil Part Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Task Force on the Special Civil Part
- West Virginia University Alumni Association, Liberty Bell Chapter, former Treasurer
- Business Law 101: Entity Selection, Formation, Organization, Governance – A Refresher & A Primer, Burlington County Bar Association, 2014
- Business Law 101: Entity Selection, Formation, Organization, Governance – A Refresher & A Primer, co-moderator, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2013
- Collection Practice, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1991