William R. Burns
Shareholder, Regulatory & Governmental Affairs, Labor & Employment and Litigation Groups. Concentrates on the representation of private and public sector clients in all aspects of litigation. He has appeared before federal and state trial and appellate courts, federal and state administrative agencies, federal and state commissions, and state, county and local boards (e.g. Public Employment Relations Committee, Board of Public Utilities, Division of Civil Rights, and land use boards). He regularly represents public and private sector clients in employment matters and has negotiated numerous public sector collective bargaining agreements. He also serves as counsel for public sector entities including municipalities, boards, commissions, utilities, and school districts. Other areas of practice include school law (including special education), criminal law (including white collar defense) and land use (including municipal land use approvals).
He is an active pediatric cancer advocate, founder of the #SAVEJOSH campaign and a member of Coalition Against Childhood Cancer (CAC2).
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Criminal Trial Attorney
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as one of South Jersey’s Top Attorneys as published by SJ Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Christian Brothers Academy Alumni Association
- Coalition Against Childhood Cancer (CAC2)
- Lavallette Yacht Club
- National Association of Eagle Scouts
- Ocean County Bar Association
- West Point Island Civic Association, Executive Board Member/Trustee