April 25th, 2018
Microsoft Office , 101 South Wood Avenue, Iselin, NJ 08830
Robin Campbell, CIC CRM
Cedar Risk Management, Inc.
Who Should Attend
This breakfast seminar series is especially designed for business owners or officers, administrators, human resource professionals, office managers and other personnel who are responsible for or involved with the day-to-day employment practices of an employer.
In this session, we will discuss the hiring and firing process, from what should be in the job advertisement to termination requirements. We will talk about the importance of thorough performance evaluations, documentation requirements and risk management. We will also discuss new and important employment laws you should know about.
This seminar is approved for 3 SHRM credits and 3 HRCI credits.
Sign-In & Breakfast: 8:00 am
Seminar: 8:30 am – 12:15 pm
“Hiring and Firing”
- Job advertisements/job descriptions
- Interview process (legal vs. illegal)
- Screening of job applicants
- Termination Requirements
- Separation Agreements
“Supervising your Supervisor”
- What is different about being a supervisor?
- Performance evaluations/reviews
- Documentation requirements
- Discipline of employees
- Training requirements
“Employment Practices Liability”
- Risk control process for HR
- Dissecting the employment practices liability insurance policy
- Basic tenants of risk management
“Employment Law Legal Update”
- What’s new and important for you to know?
Cost: $135 per person
Please make checks payable to Capehart & Scatchard, P.A.
Marketing Department | Capehart Scatchard | 8000 Midlantic Drive, Suite 300S | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Credit Cards Accepted: Visa | Mastercard| Discover| Amex
To register, contact Beth Hopkins at (856) 234-6800, ext. 2129, or email email@example.com. Please register and remit payment no later than April 16, 2018.