Health Care and Dental Law
Capehart Scatchard’s Health Care and Dental Law practice recognizes the diverse and rapidly changing issues facing today’s health care and dental providers. We provide effective legal representation to individual physicians, including residents and fellows, dentists, group practices, ambulatory and surgical centers, as well as institutional, hospital and long-term care providers. Our attorneys represent clients in all areas of health care and dental law, as well as the many related transactions including corporate, real estate, zoning, mergers, joint ventures, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation and employment matters.
Whether our clients require assistance in constructing contracts or agreements, or providing business, regulatory, or tax advice, our attorneys are ready to offer knowledgeable guidance and counsel. Additionally, our experienced litigators represent healthcare and dental clients in matters such as employment, licensure, and workers’ compensation defense litigation. Clients also rely on us for assistance for any number of health care and dental issues including:
- Contract Preparation, Review, and Negotiation
- Purchase, Financing, and Sale of Medical and Dental Practices
- Succession Planning for Medical and Dental Practices
- Estate and Trust Planning for Medical and Dental Professionals
- Shareholder, Partnership, Buy-Sell and Operating Agreements
- Purchase, Financing, Lease and Sale of Real Estate
- Zoning and Land Use
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Affiliations and Joint Ventures
- Physician-Hospital Transactions and Relations
- Managed Care Contracting
- Practice Management Issues
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Physician Employment Contract Review
- Medical Malpractice
- Corporate Planning, Structure and Governance
- Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy
- Fundraising and Gifts for Charitable Institutions
- General Counsel Services to Medical and Dental Practices
- Consulting, Contracting and Business Associate Agreements
- Regulatory Matters such as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Health Information for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Capehart Scatchard’s health care attorneys have a comprehensive understanding of the needs of our physician, group practice and health-related clients and our clients rely on us for guidance on all aspects of issues facing health care and dental providers. From newly graduated practitioners who require assistance with employment contracts, to physicians and dentists with growing practices who require employee, buy-sell, or regulatory advice, to hospitals or nursing home systems with real estate, joint venture, affiliation, or merger/acquisition needs you will find a Capehart Scatchard Health Care and Dental attorney ready to provide knowledgeable and effective legal assistance.