- This event has passed.
Best Practices for the Human Resource Professional
April 25, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:15 pm$135
In this session, we will discuss the hiring and firing process, from what should be in the job advertisement to termination requirements. We will talk about the importance of thorough performance evaluations, documentation requirements and risk management. We will also discuss new and important employment laws you should know about.
Sign-In & Breakfast: 8:00 am
“Hiring and Firing” 8:30-9:30 am
- Job advertisements/job descriptions
- Interview process (legal vs. illegal)
- Screening of job applicants
- Termination Requirements
- Separation Agreements
“Supervising your Supervisor” 9:50-10:50 am
- What is different about being a supervisor?
- Performance evaluations/reviews
- Documentation requirements
- Discipline of employees
- Training requirements
“Employment Practices Liability” 11:05-11:50 am
- Risk control process for HR
- Dissecting the employment practices liability insurance policy
- Basic tenants of risk management
“Employment Law Legal Update” 11:50-12:15 pm
- What’s new and important for you to know?
For registration assistance, please contact Beth Hopkins at
(856) 234-6800, ext. 2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register and remit payment no later than April 16, 2018.
Please make checks payable to Capehart & Scatchard, P.A.
We Accept: Visa | Mastercard | Discover| Amex