- Chair(s) Betsy G. Ramos & Stephen J. Alexander
- Office Locations Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Capehart Scatchard’s Litigation Department is as established as our firm which is the oldest continuously operating law firm in the State of New Jersey. Since Capehart’s inception, our seasoned practitioners have defended our litigation clients in state and federal courtrooms throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York. The broad spectrum of our litigation and trial experience helps us respond efficiently and in a timely manner to provide practical solutions to our clients’ legal problems.
Capehart’s litigation group defends its self-insured and insurance clients in lawsuits and claims ranging from premises liability, New York Labor Law, railroad and trucking accidents, dram shop and security law, Consumer Fraud, environmental, employment practices, construction defect, professional liability, and insurance coverage. Recognizing the expense and resources involved in moving a dispute into the courtroom, our trial attorneys carefully deliberate on whether continued litigation is the best advised method of resolving disputes. Whenever appropriate, our lawyers employ alternative methods for resolving their client’s disputes such as direct negotiation, mediation, or arbitration. Once the decision has been made to litigate, however, our attorneys aggressively apply themselves to achieve the best results for the client. We have been successful in obtaining dismissals of actions through summary judgments in a high percentage of our tort claims defense cases.
Capehart Scatchard’s Litigation attorneys routinely defend their clients and insurers in the following areas of specialty:
- Premises Liability
- Automobile Accidents, including UM/UIM
- Public Entity Defense
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Transportation Accidents involving Railroad, Light Rail, and Commercial Vehicles
- Litigation related to Zoning, Permitting, and Surface Transportation Board Applications
- Personal Injuries governed by the Federal Employers Liability Act and Jones Act
- Dram Shop and Security Guard Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Amusement Park and Carnival Ride Liability
- Construction Accident New York Labor Law Defense
This blog, written by Executive Committee-Member and Litigation Department Co-Chair Betsy G. Ramos, Esq., focuses on liability litigation cases decided in New Jersey courts.