Committed to the Protection of the Professionals We Represent
Capehart Scatchard’s Professional Liability Group is committed to the protection of the professionals that we represent. Our approach to the defense of our professional clients utilizes Capehart’s diverse range of in-house legal specialists who lend their expertise in order to defend the underlying case. Capehart Scatchard has attorneys specializing in family law, bankruptcy, trusts and estates, commercial law, and real estate who evaluate our professional liability assignments in order to develop effective strategies to efficiently and economically defend our clients. We also offer consultative and advisory services to professionals and insurers alike in the areas of risk management, ethics, and professional standards of care.
Our goal is to prevent and minimize unnecessary litigation by seeking early, efficient, economical resolution of all of our professional liability assignments while maintaining the highest professional standards in the defense of our professional clients and their insurers in the following areas:
- Lawyers and Paralegal Malpractice
- Architects and Engineers
- Insurance Agents and Broker Liability
- Corporate Officers Errors & Omissions
- Real Estate Agents and Appraisers Errors & Omissions
- Home Inspectors Liability
- Environmental Engineers and Inspectors Liability
- Pharmacist and Pharmacy Liability
- Medical Device and Chemical Products Liability
Here are just some of the results achieved by our Professional Liability team through early intervention and aggressive file handling:
- Motion to Dismiss Complaint on behalf of insured attorney granted in legal malpractice suit arising out of bankruptcy case within 30 days of assignment. Plaintiffs alleged file mishandling, delay, and excessive fees.
- Legal malpractice suit filed against estate of insured lawyer dismissed by summary judgment for Plaintiff’s failure to file affidavit of merit.
- Settlement in favor of client in legal malpractice suit filed by former client for alleged statute of limitations expiration. Underlying case involved chronic conditions allegedly related to medical malpractice suit against medical providers.
- Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of insured in NYC legal malpractice case due to Plaintiff’s failure to identify any actionable negligence on part of insured.