Since 1990, Capehart Scatchard has represented owners and operators of water parks, amusement rides, restaurants, and night clubs in personal injury lawsuits. Capehart Scatchard also offers consultative and advisory services to owners and operators of hotel resorts and real estate developers of entertainment venues that feature thrill rides and water attractions in risk management, liability waivers and safety, liquor liability, security monitoring, and statutory compliance with local safety codes.
Capehart Scatchard’s Amusement Park & Hospitality defense attorneys have extensive trial experience representing owners and operators and their insurers in the following areas:
- Amusement Park and Water Slide Product Liability
- Pool and Diving Liability
- Inflatable Attractions and Rock Wall Rentals
- Snow Sporting and Ski Resorts
- Indoor and Outdoor Extreme Sports Promoters
- Youth Sports Clinics and Camps
- Overnight Nature Camps
- Indoor Sports Facilities and Health Clubs
- Rafting Operations
- Motor Sports Event Promoters
- Skateboard Park Design
- Music Venue and Outdoor Concert Operations
Here are just a few of the actual cases we have defended and the results we have obtained for our clients:
- 44 year old psychologist suffered catastrophic cervical spinal cord injuries in a simulated wave machine at insured’s indoor waterpark. Plaintiff had signed a liability waiver form. Motion for summary judgment on enforceability of waiver granted and affirmed on appeal. Case settled after Plaintiff appealed to NJ Supreme Court.
- Motocross rider who signed a liability waiver injured while racing on dirt motocross track. Case settled economically while Motion for Summary Judgment was pending.
- Motion for summary judgment granted in favor of promoter and track owner in case involving injured MudMan-X participant who signed liability waiver.
- Minor plaintiff injured while using insured’s inflatable amusement. Liability waiver signed by homeowner who rented inflatable amusement upheld by Court in joining homeowner to case as defendant and for indemnity of the insured for accident.
- Enforceability of liability waiver upheld by summary judgment in favor of operator of indoor soccer sports facility in personal injury suit involving collision between two (2) soccer players.