- Chair(s) Sheila M. Mints
- Office Locations New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York
We navigate the diverse and rapidly changing issues facing today’s health care providers.
Whether our clients require assistance in constructing contracts or agreements, or providing business, regulatory, or tax advice, our attorneys are ready to offer knowledgeable guidance and counsel. Additionally, our experienced litigators represent healthcare and dental clients in matters such as shareholder disputes, employment, and professional discipline litigation.
- Governmental and commercial payor investigations and audits into health care billing and coding practices and regulatory compliance
- Contract Preparation, Review, and Negotiation
- Shareholder, Partnership, Buy-Sell and Operating Agreement Preparation
- Consulting, Contracting and HIPAA Business Associate Agreement Preparation
- Physician Employment Contract Preparation and Review
- Compliance with Professional Board and Department of Health Licensing
- General Legal Counsel to Medical and Dental Practices – Business, Regulatory, Tax
- Employment, Professional Discipline, and Worker’s Compensation Defense Litigation
- Succession Planning for Medical and Dental Practices
We provide effective legal representation to individual physicians, including residents and fellows, dentists, group practices, ambulatory and surgical centers, as well as institutional, hospital and long-term care providers. From newly graduated practitioners who require assistance with employment contracts, to physicians and dentists with growing practices who require employee, buy-sell, or regulatory advice, to hospitals or nursing home systems with real estate, joint venture, affiliation, or merger/acquisition needs you will find a Capehart Scatchard Health Care and Dental attorney ready to provide knowledgeable and effective legal assistance.
Clients also rely on us for assistance for any number of health care and dental issues including:
- Purchase, Financing, and Sale of Medical and Dental Practices
- Purchase, Financing, Lease and Sale of Real Estate
- Zoning and Land Use
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Affiliations and Joint Ventures
- Physician-Hospital Transactions and Relations
- Managed Care Contracting
- Practice Management Issues
- Self-Referral Compliance under Stark, Anti-kickback and State Laws
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Corporate Planning, Structure and Governance
- Regulatory Compliance Matters such as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Health Information for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
This blog is published by the attorneys in Capehart Scatchard’s healthcare group. It focuses on cases impacting the healthcare industry, as well as recently-passed or pending legislation impacting doctors, dentists, practitioners, and employers.