Human Resource Law From Start to Finish
NBI is committed to safeguarding the health of their attendees and speakers. This seminar has been moved to an online format due to public health concerns.
A Comprehensive Primer on Labor and Employment Law
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business; can you streamline the process and prevent unnecessary risk? This program will get you up to speed so you can return to work confident in your abilities. Know the fundamentals of human resources: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. Register today!
- Get the latest employment law updates you can’t afford to miss.
- Learn the steps of a successful recruiting and hiring process.
- Know what a handbook should and should not contain by exploring the advantages and pitfalls of various policies.
- Appropriately apply wage and hour exemption requirements in gray areas such as outside salespeople and highly-paid computer professionals.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state WARN Act requirements when performing layoffs.
- Understand unemployment compensation guidelines and how to manage costs.
- Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding employee behavior and controversial social media policies.
- Learn the key steps to investigating employee misconduct thoroughly and legally.
- Identify techniques for controlling back pay during a National Labor Relations Board investigation.
Credit Hrs State
CLE 7.20 – NJ*
CLE 7.00 – NY*
CLE 6.00 – PA*
HRCI – 6.00
SHRM CP/SCP – 6.00